This qualification is suitable for learners pre- and post-16 and is designed for those working at Level 1, which may encompass learners with...
This qualification is designed for a wide range of learners with some existing knowledge of this area who are interested in improving their understanding of nutrition and healthy eating.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged pre-16 and above.
See description for details on units.
Accredited by CACHE.
Recommended Total Qualification Time: 120 Hours.
Explore principles of healthy eating
Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals
Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet
What does this qualification cover?
This qualification aims to:
• increase understanding of the principles of healthy eating and the role of food in maintaining health
• increase confidence in planning and achieving a healthy diet
• provide an understanding of how an individual's dietary requirements change throughout their life
• raise awareness of the dietary requirements of particular individuals
• provide an understanding of food labelling and the ability to use information from food labels
• provide a basis for further study and/or career development.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
How is it assessed?
To be awarded the Level 2 Award in Nutrition and Health learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of all 3 mandatory units. Grades are not awarded.
The Level 2 Award in Nutrition and Health is internally assessed.
No customer reviews for the moment.